Seeing Art San Antonio offers artists’ studio and gallery visits in San Antonio’s nationally recognized contemporary art community.
Seeing Art San Antonio is led by Donna Simon who is uniquely qualified as a guide and facilitator. Donna has been involved in the San Antonio art community for many years as a painter, founding board member of SAY Si, a Kronkosky Fellow at the McNay Art Museum, retired art teacher, and lecturer for the Contemporary Art Appreciation classes at the Chautauqua Institute in upstate New York. Donna is a dedicated supporter of creative talent in San Antonio and is eager to share her knowledge and enthusiasm for the contemporary art scene in San Antonio, Texas.
Seeing Art San Antonio will introduce you to top artists, as well as emerging talents. Our events are a series of studio visits where participants meet and talk with the artists about their work, their creative processes and what influences and inspires their art-making. Informative, insightful and inspirational, Seeing Art San Antonio events mean time well spent.
How scheduled events work:
- Events are approximately 2 hours long
- Provide your own transportation
- Reserve event(s) by email/phone AND a check prior to the event(s)
- Driving directions are emailed several days before the actual event
- For images and artist info, etc. click here
- For reservations click here
- SINGLE EVENT $35
- BOTH EVENTS (in one month) $65
- EARLY BIRD SPECIAL $60 – book both events in one month and pay by postmark date indicated on reservations page.
- BRING A FRIEND $55 (BEST VALUE) – Sign up for both events in one month and bring a friend to either one of the event dates at no extra cost. Note: It must be the first time this friend has been on a Seeing Art San Antonio event.
How private events work:
Meet inspirational artists of San Antonio’s thriving contemporary art scene! Enjoy a three-hour visit with local studios and galleries in the comfort of a luxury vehicle with a driver and Donna, as guide, who is herself an artist and an art educator in San Antonio.
Private art events leave from a downtown hotel. Sip champagne and enjoy light refreshments as you visit some of the most talented artists in San Antonio. We will visit two venues and then you will return to your hotel totally invigorated by our unique San Antonio art community. Groups range in size from 2 to 13 passengers.
Our art studio visits are around downtown and within San Antonio’s Loop 410. We will pick up and deliver clients to their downtown hotels.
We will need 48 hours advance notice to prepare the event.
Please call Donna for personalized quote at (210) 886-9936
All events must be paid in full prior to the event. Payment for all events is non-refundable/non-transferable. Cash or check only.
Give the gift of art!
A unique and memorable gift is an art studio visit.
For information call Donna Simon at (210) 886-9936.